Small revolution in the world of household tools, the steam cleaner is placed on the front of the stage to eliminate dirt and odors in the blink of an eye. Versatile and environmentally friendly accessory, focus on 5 ways to use this jewel of cleanliness.
– Clean glass and mirrors
– Furniture with steam cleaner
– Clean the kitchen completely
– Clean floor to ceiling
– Textiles from home to steam cleaner
1. Clean glazing and mirrors
The steam cleaner is a great success especially to maintain the glass surfaces of the house. Faster than a rag and especially more effective to say goodbye to traces, it is used without moderation!
- Windows and glazing: Ideal for windows without traces, the jet of steam is used on the windows while the dry steam eliminates the dust on the frames or the blinds.
- Mirrors: The steam is applied a few seconds before wiping the surface with a clean cloth and voila!
2. The furniture with steam cleaner
It is not always easy to clean your interior furniture, especially when it is not removable. This is where the steam cleaner comes in to effortlessly maintain these everyday objects.
- The mattress: When the amount of water used is less than 10%, the superheated steam is ideal for disinfecting it. It eliminates dust mites and bed bugs.
- Sofa and chairs: Powerful, steam removes stains here without damaging the fabrics. It penetrates any type of fiber – even leathers , to dislodge dirt.
3. Clean the kitchen completely
A true disinfectant, the steam cleaner proves formidable against dirt in damp rooms and sometimes greasy like cooking.
- Fridge and freezer: yes, we can clean these two conservation monsters with steam. Safe for food, it eliminates bacteria and mold in every nook and cranny, even on rubber seals.
- Oven and barbecue: here also the steam cleaner is effective since it degreases in a healthy way the smallest parts of our cooking appliances.
- Washbasin and piping: it is associated with a few drops of lemon to descale deep where the sponges do not reach the deposits.
4. Clean floor to ceiling
The steam has the power, according to its degree of intensity, clean the house from cellar to attic whatever coatings that are installed.
- Tiles, stone or parquet: in dry steam for wood or combined with a microfibre cloth for porous floors, the steam offers an immediate result without effort.
- Walls and ceilings: even delicate, some coatings like wallpaper can be steam cleaned. It’s all about temperature for a safe cleaning so that every surface can be used.
5. Home Textiles with Steam Cleaner
Freshness at wish for home textiles, it’s possible! It cleans and purifies by combining several elements such as essential oils in the steam cleaner.
- The carpets: clean and disinfected, they find a second youth with the power of steam while keeping their volume.
- Curtains and sheers: for a 100% springtime atmosphere, essential oils or lemon are combined with steam to obtain a fresh and perfumed cleansing.
Real dust nests (and dust mites!), Carpets require regular maintenance. If for you, taking care of them is a real chore, wait to discover the tricks of grandmother that we found for you. Demonstration.
Tip # 1: Vacuuming
In order not to have to go into great cleaning every six months, be aware that the maintenance of a carpet is a matter of everyday! Place the twice a week brushing mode is one of the easiest ideas to realize. Warning: if your carpet is old and very fragile, avoid the brush mode to avoid damaging it and suck smoothly.
Tip # 2: An infusion of potato peels
If you can not afford a professional to renovate your carpet, do it yourself with this effective grandmother tip! Start by brewing a concentrated infusion of potato peels, then scrub your carpet with a sponge impregnated with your preparation. Leave on for a few hours then rinse with clear water with a sponge. Finally, let it dry by avoiding to move on it.
Tip 3: Soda water and baking soda
Your carpet has lost its beautiful original color and some tasks are installed here and there? Use sparkling water and baking soda ! Using a sponge, coat the carpet with sparkling water and rub gently with a brush. Let it dry for half an hour and then sprinkle all of your carpet with baking soda. Once the baking soda is dry, vacuum and enjoy the result!
Tip 4: dishwashing liquid and white vinegar
White vinegar is the miracle cure of the house. these uses are multiple to cleanse, deodorize and detach! Do not panic if your carpet is dirty or stained with grease, first pour white vinegar on a clean cloth and rub the stain. Leave for 15 minutes. Then pour a mixture of water and dishwashing liquid, mounted in foam with an electric mixer or whisk. Rub this mixture on the carpet with a brush, then rinse with clear water. Wipe the carpet with a clean cloth and allow to dry.
Tip 5: Stained carpet and shaving foam
As surprising as it may seem, shaving cream is an ally for detaching textiles. Use it as a stain remover by applying a thick layer on the carpet surface. Leave for at least an hour and rub vigorously with a sponge. You can also let the foam work all night, then vacuum the next morning.
A last minute tip: always test your preparation on a corner of your carpet to be sure that it will not spoil it!
If you wish to know the result Uber and Lyft are experiencing on NY City’s yellow cabs, simply take a drive to JFK’s taxi cab parking lot.
Anytime of day, there are a huge selection of cabbies waiting frantically, almost all of the time all night, hoping of getting the industry’s consolation reward — a $52 set fare back again to the city.
Or go to any major hotel in Manhattan and appearance at the taxicabs prearranged outdoors. These cabbies are prepared to wait for time, hoping that whenever it is their change, the traveler doesn’t only want to go 10 blocks.
With Uber and the other digital-based trip services scooping up increasingly more customers looking for cost-saving brief trips around the location — and frequently carrying it out more cheaply than the yellowish cabs — the taxi cab industry is at, to place it mildly, flux.
To head on to a destination, the primary requirement is to know the means of transport. For instance, traveling around any city can be done either using the public transportation or by hiring taxicabs. Both have their own pros and cons to be left to one’s careful note. Instead of taking a haste decision and resulting in an irksome journey, better plan the most appropriate mode at the time by thoroughly analyzing them.
Taxicabs are vehicles that can be hired with a driver for travelling around a city. The ride can be taken either by an individual or by a small group of people. The taxicabs operate on specific slab rates normally in any city, but the driver may put any surcharge for the travel based on the peak hour rush or late night travel. Few cities in the world do not have proper guidelines for charging rates.
- Taxicabs differ from the public transport systems mainly in the convenience of the locations that can be traveled.
- The passenger is the person who determines the pickup and drop locations.
- Getting across the lanes of the city can be done by taking shortcuts
- The passenger can choose their time of travel.
- The entire city can be accessible when we use a taxi.
- Shared Taxi, another type of taxi, provides a hybrid of taxi comfort with the experience of bus travel with multiple people sharing a trip.
- Taxis are safer.
- Taxis are not suited for small budget travel.
- Getting a cab at rush hours or when weather conditions are hostile is paining.
Buses are part of public transportation services operated by any city corporation for the convenience of travelers around the city or intercity. They have specific routes and bus stops at certain points, from where one can board.
- Easy way of commuting a city if your travel complies with the bus route.
- Fares are very cheap
- You can get around the city and enjoy the ride while traveling at leisurely hours
- Transit time is more since the bus stops at many locations
- If your travel place is not in the route, then traveling involves multiple bus hailings
- You cannot travel at your convenient time as there is specific timing for the bus route.
- If you are new to a city, finding the right route of travel and hailing a bus will be a pain
- During rush hours, boarding a bus can be very time consuming and difficult depending on the percentage of people using this transport in any given city
Despite the pros and cons of these modes, the best selection of them is based on travel requirements and the time for the trip. Budgeted travelers can opt for public transportation, but again it depends on the connectivity of the transport in the city. So, always the best is to plan the trip according to one’s convenience.