To head on to a destination, the primary requirement is to know the means of transport. For instance, traveling around any city can be done either using the public transportation or by hiring taxicabs. Both have their own pros and cons to be left to one’s careful note. Instead of taking a haste decision and resulting in an irksome journey, better plan the most appropriate mode at the time by thoroughly analyzing them.
Taxicabs are vehicles that can be hired with a driver for travelling around a city. The ride can be taken either by an individual or by a small group of people. The taxicabs operate on specific slab rates normally in any city, but the driver may put any surcharge for the travel based on the peak hour rush or late night travel. Few cities in the world do not have proper guidelines for charging rates.
- Taxicabs differ from the public transport systems mainly in the convenience of the locations that can be traveled.
- The passenger is the person who determines the pickup and drop locations.
- Getting across the lanes of the city can be done by taking shortcuts
- The passenger can choose their time of travel.
- The entire city can be accessible when we use a taxi.
- Shared Taxi, another type of taxi, provides a hybrid of taxi comfort with the experience of bus travel with multiple people sharing a trip.
- Taxis are safer.
- Taxis are not suited for small budget travel.
- Getting a cab at rush hours or when weather conditions are hostile is paining.
Buses are part of public transportation services operated by any city corporation for the convenience of travelers around the city or intercity. They have specific routes and bus stops at certain points, from where one can board.
- Easy way of commuting a city if your travel complies with the bus route.
- Fares are very cheap
- You can get around the city and enjoy the ride while traveling at leisurely hours
- Transit time is more since the bus stops at many locations
- If your travel place is not in the route, then traveling involves multiple bus hailings
- You cannot travel at your convenient time as there is specific timing for the bus route.
- If you are new to a city, finding the right route of travel and hailing a bus will be a pain
- During rush hours, boarding a bus can be very time consuming and difficult depending on the percentage of people using this transport in any given city
Despite the pros and cons of these modes, the best selection of them is based on travel requirements and the time for the trip. Budgeted travelers can opt for public transportation, but again it depends on the connectivity of the transport in the city. So, always the best is to plan the trip according to one’s convenience.